Aldi Sale Items - Trail Camera and Night Vision Monocular

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Aldi has these two devices on sale again TODAY so if you're interested, better get in fast.
I recall a thread here in the forum from a couple of years ago in which a member described his testing of the Night Vision device with the overall verdict being that it was value for money. The Trail Camera is/was a rebranded camera from another manufacturer. Can't recall the name, but a forum search ought to turn up both the relevant threads.

The camera, at $129.00 looks like it might be worth trying if someone just wants to dabble in using this type of camera. If money wasn't so tight for me at present, I'd be buying both just to take a 'look see'. :_sii:

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/wednesday-10-september-2014/wednesday-detail-wk37/ps/p/night-vision-device-3/

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/wednesday-10-september-2014/wednesday-detail-wk37/ps/p/wildlife-camera/

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Thanks mate. That sale is on the 10th, next week.
Cheers, BD ave
Oh crap! It is too. :_lol: This is what can happen when I fall asleep in my lounge chair and only sleep for a couple of hours.
Very unusual for them to advertise a week in advance on their website though. For example, they don't normally update the Saturday sales until the Monday morning and the Wednesday sales until the Friday morning.
I've always thought it odd that readers of the paper catalogue were in receipt of more up to date information that those perusing the website.

This does however provide an opportunity. If anyone who doesn't have an Aldi in their state or even close by wants either or both of these items, send me a PM and I'll endeavour to buy them on your behalf. There are three Aldi stores within 10km of my home.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
have to admit Aldi gets some amazing and interesting items on sale at times :sorrriso:

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I have both units from aldi and are great value for money. nothing negitive to say at all.
That's good to hear. I'm interested in what you use them for. Would you mind telling us? In the case of the trail camera, do you have just the one or multiple cameras?

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
I have both units from aldi and are great value for money. nothing negitive to say at all.
I had the camera and returned it. I am a huge fan of Aldi products but the camera is IMHO not worth it, the Night scope is ok but read the specs and fine print closely it is a matter of you get what you pay for the 80 -100 m range is really somewhat less ( I have not had the camera/video function on the ones I have seen). The camera I found to be not reliable again as these are limited stock in most cases you can't get a second chance to see if it was faulty or not.

I won't bad mouth Aldi products I generally fined them excellent also will state with a more well known brand name Trail cam it took me 3 returns to get one that did not have a faulty electrical system draining batteries in less than 4 hrs. Again like all things you need to weigh the cost versus need values of the item.

Last edited:

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Aldi have camping and camping related items on sale this Saturday, 21st March, 2015.
The night vision scope is back but this time incorporates a video camera. The trail camera is also back, but at the same price as last September. I haven't checked the specifications of either because I haven't got the money to buy either. :(

biggles1024

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Aldi have their Trail Camera and Night Vision Monocular on sale Saturday, 12th March, 2016.

Trail camera is again $129.00
The Night Vision monocular is $169.00

They also have a laser range finder for $149.00

No links available at this time because these items are shown only in their paper catalogue and not on their website.