Aldi sub $10 Pack Towel reveiw

Bodge

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I was browsing through Aldi yesterday and found this Pack Towel for $9 something and thought why not!

DSC00263.jpg

It measures 60cm x 120cm and has quite a soft gentle feel and packs down quite small.
I thought I really should give it a test so off to the shower I went... While the towel feels soft it doesn't glide across the body quite like a regular bath towel does and it tended to end up in a lump and needed flicking out to start again a couple of times till I got it sorted out. What did impress me was it's water absorbancy properties and I was completely dry including wet hair in what was only a matter of seconds longer that what I would expect from a regular bath towel.

I wasn't long from bed so threw it over the clothes rack, checked the room temp was 24 degree c and rose again just before 5am and found the towel dry and room temp at 16 degree c.

I want to run 2 more tests when I use the towel again and hang it outside under the patio firstly and check the drying time and again in direct sun.

First impressions are pleasing and for the price it rates highly, at 120cm in length and with a soft feel it would also double as a decent scarf/neck warmer. It comes in a bottle green color which I find suitable for bush surroundings. It also has a hang loop sewn into one corner.

I don't intend to store it in its original pouch as I find it folds small enough to go into my current "Personal Admin" arrangement. The pouch now contains my fire kit of Swedish fire steel, Bic, Jute twine and fat wood with room left over for spare batteries etc... A double win!

This is my personal opinion and I have no affiliation with the above mentioned store.
Regards,
Bodge.

Lightswitch

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
I also grabbed one. I haven't used it yet, although I did take it out of the pouch. My usual problem with these sorts of things is repacking them. I can never get them packed back as well as the manufacturer can, be it a tent, sleeping bag, mat, or towel. What surprised me was that it packed back in very easily. It's a tight fit but I didn't expect it to be as easy as it was.

Bodge

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Nice, for the lightweight hikers out there, how much does it weigh?
That is a good question but I'm afraid I have no scales at home, best answer I can give is Bugger all! Hope this helps :)