BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An ancient incantation

Dusty Miller

Alexander Pearce
Archivist
Reaction score
All I said was "I think I might test my new hammock tonight" then this appeared, no doubt they are ancient words of power.

DSC03445.jpg

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Great night for a test! Testing Gear in bad conditions is a good thing I find. Do I see a hooch rigging tutorial coming on? :)

Dusty Miller

Alexander Pearce
Archivist
Reaction score
Its up, so maybe. Trial by ordeal. Good for assessing gear I guess.

kobold

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
"i don't think i'll need a tarp tonight" is also known to summon bird droppings :)

Bartnmax

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I've also found;
1. Waving that magical 'wand' (read fishing rod) about in the air invariably brings about sudden lightning storms.
2. Having to work under the car results in downpourings of rain & sudden darkness (intensity is dependent upon how far from home you are & how good a collection of tools you have available to fix the problem)
3. Looking forward to enjoying a pleasant evening outdoors sends out telepathic messages to initiate the great gathering of mosquitos.
4. Blistering heatwaves & swarms of bees always result from travelling 1+km down the road on my bike.
5. The intensity of one's bowel movement requirements is in direct proportion to how little toilet paper you're carrying (again paying homage to the god of socks & Tee shirts).

Bill A.

Last edited:

Bartnmax

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I think it is more bat droppings mate :^o):
either way they are disgusting :vomito:

No, bat droppings are invariably summoned from above by the sound of open mouth snoring.
It's what they really have radar hearing for.

Bill A.