BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

• As of the 01/01/2023 the Bushcraft Oz Forum is now closed and has been placed in Archive mode. New Posts and Post Replies have been disabled but existing content can still be viewed. For more information please see the following post for more infomation. It is our goal to retain the wondeful contributions to the Bushcraft community over the years and a more appropriate way of displaying this is being considered for the future so the information is not lost. A perminent web archive of the forum state as of 30 Jan 2022 has been captured and can be viewed herea>.

Thank you all for a wonderful adventure and for your contributions over the years!

Brisa 95 O1 Tool Steel put to the test ..

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Oh dear ! It does disappoint ! Let me count the ways .
1) Its a Scandi edge roller
2) It's spine less
3) For O1 it's ( in my opinion ) on the soft side . 55HRC file bites & the 50 HRC file skates .
4) 150 slice fail ( rolled edge )
I suppose one good thing is that the edge strops back strong with not a lot of effort . ( This might be good , especially out in the field )
But , there are probably cheaper knives / steels that can do the same thing or more ..
So colour me a little disappointed !

Not close to the edge holding I would have liked
I had to grind the spine to scrape wood / throw ferro
Sorry Brisa , my wallet feels a little hard done by the 95 in O1 ..
Possibly a waste of money when cheaper knives will do a better job . ( Cough / cough = Mora or Finn Hawk )
Hmmm , 4 Mora's or one Brisa 95 in O1 ..... Yeah , I'm going to plead no contest on that one !

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Once more onto the rope !
Oh dear , I tried real hard & Failed !
The edge rolled at 100 slices of rope , this is down from the previous 150 roll .
Strops back strong - ?
Edge retention VS easy edge maintenance ?