BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casio watch W800 HM $21.00

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Just bought one of these. 10 year battery, great light, large numbers, 100m. Not a g shock but still tough.

This is the cheapest price any where, but only one left. If you get a free trial membership for 30 days, it's free delivery. Just remember to cancel membership any time before the 30 days are up.

This watch gets great reviews as one of the best budget casio watches.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
be careful Randall, I may sin bin you for 14 days if you sprook another watch :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :unsure: :LOL: just kidding :)

on another OT mention.... with mobile phones now do people still wear watches? :unsure:

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
on another OT mention.... with mobile phones now do people still wear watches?
I do :D. If I'm out walking or on the bike I keep my phone on airplane mode to preserve battery in case of emergency. It's buried safely in my pack. I consider it part of my survival gear.

Having a watch is good with navigation; eg on foot I average 10min a km if I'm on a trail. This helps me confirm on map where I should be. If I am looking for a track after 1km and I find one within 5min, that adds to the information that the track is probably not the one I want. As you know, there are generally more tracks than what a map shows. Lots of other uses too of course, esp. re decision making.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks Randall, Combining a watch with navigation, makes pure sense, was not thinking (y)