BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY Woodland Indian Ball Headed War Clubs.

Le Loup

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I made these two by simply keeping my eyes open when bush walking for suitable shaped wood on fallen trees. I then finished the shaping with a horse hoof rasp.
Keith.
Pig & Ball Headed Club 005.jpg

Equipment B 038.jpg

theslothman

Russell Coight
Reaction score
very cool! Im always on the lookout for the right sapling or branch for these type of club. A sapling growing out of a bank (use the root ball) at almost right angles or regrowth from damaged or felled trees. Keeping the grain running in the right direction keeps them strong for a long life. Especially if you plan to use it. But of course the days of needing to fight with clubs to kidnap a wife are long gone. Thankfully :) lol

julius

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
still happens with the abos in the topend .. but crowbars are more common i dont think people bother to make traditional clubs as weapons . but ive seen in this decade edged diggind sticks still made and used. ill upload an recent example form mulga wood they are cheap and you can dig with them , but yea they are a handy weapon if you have no other.

julius

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
yes a hardwood tree growing on a bank or a rocky ravine is best.. there is many tropical hardwoods in the mountains that are quite good. but in honesty as im nto form nsw i cant name the, DSC04459 (Medium).jpgDSC04460 (Medium).jpg this si one i cut a few weeks ago , it had some inclusions in the wood, stones mostly so i carved a face. when its done it would be a real laugh..