Feature Request Do we need links (Permanent ones) to other sites with relevant information>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Such as the
Bureau of Meteorology ( for weather reports and information on expected conditions for the time of year)
The various State Fire Brigades ( for fire danger information etc)
Any others that people can think of if these are wanted and needed??

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What were you thinking mate. As in a few links people might access regulariry but somewhere on the top links bar as opposed to in the resources forum?

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like a possibility. You would probably have to somehow organize it into headings and have the list in a drop down, particularly if you are having links to laws and regulations for say hunting as opposed to just a link to the game website.

Lets start working on a list and ill keep it in mind.

jodiemht

Russell Coight
Reaction score
yes, I think links (Permanent ones) to other sites is necessory.

Bartnmax

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hey Blake an all.

May as well bring it up here & now.
I'm also subscribed to bushcraft USA as well as BC UK, as no doubt a few others are also.
Was recently chatting with a few people over there & got to thinking "wouldn't it be great if each of the BC forums had direct links to each other so people could research issues/topics world wide rather than just on their own forum." Yeah I know we can all google, etc but it would be damned handy if you could slide from one BC forum another to get a feel for how they handle an issue yer interested in, on another continent. I've posted on BC USA to try to gauge the reception & if it's positive I was also going to post here & in the BC UK forum. Not looking to try to get one giant forum up & going or anthing like that, just have direct links to our counterparts in other countries. It would certainly help to build a very multicultural, international BC community & make an enormous resource available to BCers all over the world. In time it might even cover other countries also.

Anyway, the cat's outsa the bag so wadda people (& more importantly admin') think?

Bill.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Hi Bill Links already up under other site on bottum task bar of forum

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anything to spread the word and knowledge of bushcraft im all for in a big way. The Bushcraft Network?

Bartnmax

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Observent begger aint I.
Some bright begger beat me to it ;-)
Already done as auscraft said.

Status
Not open for further replies.