Bug f Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
just noticed from my work computer that the blue coloured 'f Connect' tag overlaps the login boxes - making it difficult to login.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for brining this up Walker. Are you able to provide your opperating system and version, browser and version as well as current screen resolution and I will look into it for you.

Is that the only part of the site which is failing to display correctly?

Regards,
Blake

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thanks for brining this up Walker. Are you able to provide your opperating system and version, browser and version as well as current screen resolution and I will look into it for you.

Is that the only part of the site which is failing to display correctly?

Regards,
Blake
Admittedly, a bit of an antique, but business seems to be hanging on to XP, IE and even small screens:

Operating System & Version: MS Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.0

Browser & Version:
Internet Explorer 7 Version 7.0.5730.13CO

Screen Resolution: 1440x900 pix

Thought it may assist others, as this is only a temp machine.

Thanks.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks walker. Can you do me a favor and go down to the very bottom of the page on the left and click the drop down and choose default style. Do you have the same problem?

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
This may be of help for window 7 users if you look at the address bar on browser you see an icon that looks like a torn page click on that it is a Compatibity viewer corrects formats of older browsers format

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thanks walker. Can you do me a favor and go down to the very bottom of the page on the left and click the drop down and choose default style. Do you have the same problem?
Apologies for the delayed response.

Do you mean the START menu or do you mean the SETUP on XP?

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No worries walker. I'm referring to on the forum itself. If you look at the bottom left of the page right now. There should be a drop down box where you can select the default style. Does the issue still occur then? Obviously you wont see the BushcraftOz style, it just helps me gauge whether its something with the forum or your machine.

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
No worries walker. I'm referring to on the forum itself. If you look at the bottom left of the page right now. There should be a drop down box where you can select the default style. Does the issue still occur then? Obviously you wont see the BushcraftOz style, it just helps me gauge whether its something with the forum or your machine.

I used the default option and the login boxes are now cleared of the 'f connect' banner.

Is that a problem with my PC or the Forum? (I suspect it's with my 'boat anchor' PC)

Thanks.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey mate,

Ok ive taken a look and ive been able to replicate the problem. I assume this is the issue you are having?

IE7, that is installed on your machine has outdated CSS compatibility and I belive this is what is causing the issue. I could probably go through the code and try and fix it but it would take a bit of time and troubleshooting for what is a version that is on the decline and not used much anymore. The current traffic data indicates that Internet Explorer 7.0 accounts for less than 3% of the total traffic and is diminishing.

The easiest and most efficient way to solve the issue would be to update your IE to the latest version to what XP would support, which I belive is 8.0. hopefully this will fix the issues. The only other alternative would be to change to a different browser which supports xp like firefox, opera or chrome. Barring that would be to use the default style for that machine if it is preventing you from logging on, or you could always have IE remember your password so you dont need to log in everytime you visit the forum.

Sorry I couldnt help any further, I hope that will be enough to help you find a solution.

If you are still having issues please let me know.

Regards,
Blake

Last edited:

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe it, but all I get is a grey box where your photo should be.

Don't worry about it - these work computers are antique boat anchors like our IT people - we can't modify PC's due to admin rights.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Also, should perhaps mention it now, there seems to be a timing issue. For example, when writing up a response on the Forum, if it's not done quickly enough and uploaded, it won't be accepted and it automatically logs me off the forum.

This happens both at work and at home. (The home computer is NASA quality, though currently 'runs' Vista ... if indeed Vista runs!)

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
This may be of help for window 7 users if you look at the address bar on browser you see an icon that looks like a torn page click on that it is a Compatibity viewer corrects formats of older browsers format
Sorry folks I should have written IE 7 not windows 7

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey walker,

Does IE7 have the compatibility button like auscraft sugests? if so give it a click to try it.

In regards to the auto timeout. It has previously been set to 25mins. I have increased it to 1 hour. Ill monitor the effect on the server load and let you know if i need to decrease it. Should be good like that. I have been stung with that when posting a long message before too.

Status
Not open for further replies.