BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First night hanging

Tomuda

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I finally got to hang my hammock last night and see what all the fuss is about.
I had a few issues but on the whole a great night was had, though I woke up at one point with a nasty cramp in my calf muscle.
My sleeping bag to UQ mod worked a treat no cold spots and once I found that sweet spot it was just so comfortable I also tested out the pillow from Simon at Tier Gear which was a delight to use, thanks mate that fabric is so nice....farewell cold hard floor, you are a thing of the past...

1399967199059_zps0vtfn7tr.jpg

Cheers Paul

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm I remember the night I lost my hammock virginity. Yep never going back... Thanks for sharing!

Ben Dono

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I have only met one person who hated hammock camping. He posted it back to HH the next day. I reckon he should have tinkered with his setup a bit before he made the call though.

Welcome to the club!
I think it's going to get harder and harder soon to find available trees at campgrounds soon!
Good thing hammocks suit off the beaten track camping!

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
If you've got the right set up and everything is in place, there's no going back. I don't know how anyone could say the ground beats a hammock. If they are saying that then they've probably haven't done it right.
Seriously, who wouldn't want to feel like a baby again? Ahhh, so good. Lol :)

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Tomuda,
Now you get to hang out with the big fellas.
I thought hammocking was awesome then added an underquilt and it got even awesomer! Just bought a down -3 sleeping bag and will give it a whirl this weekend.
I had to go to ground in my bivvy last weekend and it reminded me why I got hung up in the first place. Unfortunately, the following weekend I'm back to ground hugging before hitting the trees yet again over the following week.
Cheers
Bloffy