BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flint and steel Saturday

Chigger

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Of the many strikers you have, which in your opinion strike the best ?

Have a Ravenforge on the way but may be interested in another one.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
that's a tough question mate (I now have over 150 strikers from makers from all over the world plus I make my own strikers) though that being said my Andrew Kirkham's are among the best, as are my Olivemead (now known as Brinkworth smithy), both are from English smiths. Both of these smiths produce strikers that spark effortlessly and shower sparks if you do your part.

to contact Andy do so via facebook

Brinkworth smithy
http://brinkworth-smithy.co.uk/

Chigger

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Thanks for these details. The Viceroy TDC (Yank) I have strikes well and the Ravensforge will be with me in a week or so I hope. Will see how it goes as a striker. There was quite favourable comment on English bushcraft forums.

Not to forget locally made strikers which turn up now and then. There will be a Medieval weekend event coming up in March and there may be a blacksmith there.