BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

Forum Hacked: September 10/09/2013

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi AP. The little fav icon?

I can see it. I cleaned my cookies, cache and offline data and refreshed. They came back.

Here is a screenshot, is it the little round bird logo you are talking about?

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I am noticing the emails about PM's or forum notifications are about 5 minutes slow now . . .

Edit: Some email notifications are actually 20 minutes slow. . .

Last edited:

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep it's the favicon, mine is just the standard vBulletin one, may depend on the browser, I use Google Chrome, I've done a cookie clean etc, but it's still the same.

You use Stop Forum Spam, me too...how maddening, a site to check for the un wanted lol

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am noticing the emails about PM's or forum notifications are about 5 minutes slow now . . .

Edit: Some email notifications are actually 20 minutes slow. . .

Thanks for reporting this BV.

How is it now? With the forum update a new setting was added which sends off notification emails in batches of 10. Those batches are then in a que send every 10 minutes. So the que just gets longer. I have made some changes to rectify this without hopefully affecting site performance.

You might now receive a whole bunch of notification emails in a row until the que is free up again.

Blake

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting this BV.

How is it now? With the forum update a new setting was added which sends off notification emails in batches of 10. Those batches are then in a que send every 10 minutes. So the que just gets longer. I have made some changes to rectify this without hopefully affecting site performance.

You might now receive a whole bunch of notification emails in a row until the que is free up again.

Blake

Okay I got my email about your post here at the same time it was posted now.
Post @Today, 02:38 PM
email @ Today, 02:38 PM
:D

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay I got my email about your post here at the same time it was posted now.
Post @Today, 02:38 PM
email @ Today, 02:38 PM
:D

looks-like-my-jobs-done-here.jpg

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hey mate, yeah I just went back and re-cleared all cache/cookies/history/etc and even did a shift-reload and it still shows the default(?) icon. I then fired up a private browsing window (firefox feature) after deleting all my cookies etc again and loaded bcoz without logging in and still the default favicon, then I logged in closed browser opened again shift-reloaded and still that icon.

My old bookmark still retains the correct icon, just not the tabs etc. hmmm maybe i'll try adding a new bookmark and see what it does

*clicky click*

Ok when I add the bookmark I got the old correct icon, but it still shows the incorrect one in the tabs.

Not what i'd call a major problem, may work itself out in due time with enough loads and cache filling / purging / whatever... my ISP may also use transparent caching and that's what is causing it for me...

Last edited:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey mate, yeah I just went back and re-cleared all cache/cookies/history/etc and even did a shift-reload and it still shows the default(?) icon. I then fired up a private browsing window (firefox feature) after deleting all my cookies etc again and loaded bcoz without logging in and still the default favicon, then I logged in closed browser opened again shift-reloaded and still that icon.

My old bookmark still retains the correct icon, just not the tabs etc. hmmm maybe i'll try adding a new bookmark and see what it does

*clicky click*

Ok when I add the bookmark I got the old correct icon, but it still shows the incorrect one in the tabs.

Not what i'd call a major problem, may work itself out in due time with enough loads and cache filling / purging / whatever... my ISP may also use transparent caching and that's what is causing it for me...

Try now AP. Should be fixed. Seems to take time to update. The favicon was the VB one. Must have replaced it when I updated the software.