BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Thanks Feature Added

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
After much positive feedback I have implemented a "thanks" feature into the forum.

Often times a member will add a very good thread or post which users wish to show their appreciation for but have nothing specific to add to the discussion. The "thanks" button allows users to thank the original poster without needing to post a one line thank you post. This system will keep the forum more tidy and the threads cleaner, easier to read and more to the point.

You will now see a "Thanks" button at the bottom of a users post which you simply click to show your appreciation. When you do this your name will be added to the thank list for that post and will be visible to all including the original poster.

The thanks button looks like this:
ScreenShot2012-05-15at10440AM.png

If you want to remove your "thank" you can do so by clicking remove on the far right of the page, on the same line as the thank button. Note: you cannot thank yourself. Additionally users profiles will now also display how many thanks that user has recieved over their time on the forum and over how many posts and also how many they have given. Counting for this started as of 12:58am Tuesday 15th May.

I hope you all enjoy this new feature and as always if you have any questions or comments please dont hesitate to PM me or alternatively you can bring it up in the Site Feedback and Bugs section.

Cheers,
Blake

Last edited:

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Does a 'Thanks' count as a post in our total posts? I'm thinking about the situation of needing to make 100 posts before being able to sell anything in the forum.

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Negative Ghost Rider. Thanks given comes up on the 'Thanks' bar of your member info of each post, under your post count.