Bug Forum Time stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You might have noticed since the move to the new server that the time stamp on the forum is off by +2 hours.

This a result of the server time set wrong and I unfortunately cant change this myself. Im in the process of working with the hosting company to come up with a solution.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Cheers,

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Hmmmm... it looks like 12 hours out at my end... all the PM posts are coming up with AM times & vice-versa...

ozbladefan

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I just noticed that posting a reply is playing up also, as with the time stamps it posted one of my replies above what I was replying to!

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok. Looks like the sever time has now been changed correctly and if you scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page it should show the correct time. The problem now is that any posts made between when we moved to the new server and now are being posted 10 hours back in time effectively. This means new posts will display at the top of the thread, for the next 10 hours or so.

Short of closing the forum for the next 10 hours or rebuilding the time stamps in the database somehow there isn't much I can do. I'll have a look into it but we might just have to cop it until we travel into the future.

Is it working for everyone now?

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmmm... it looks like 12 hours out at my end... all the PM posts are coming up with AM times & vice-versa...
Hey mate, have you got your time set correctly to your time zone in your profile general settings?

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I make it...

- 10 hour out...

ie it is 11:41 am today and the time stamp says 1:41 am today...

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The time stamp issue should now be fixed and new post should be displaying in the correct order.

Status
Not open for further replies.