Frontline Tactical Canteen

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
You can find these for sale a Aussie Despoils stores for $14.95..It is a good bit of kit at a gear at a great price..I felt the need to do a short vid on it,as you do...:non sono stato io:

[video=youtube;g50XYAHjQLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50XYAHjQLQ&nohtml5=False[/video]

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
... web site says "100% PBA free triton plastic..." which is just like a nalgene !

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
... web site says "100% PBA free triton plastic..." which is just like a nalgene !
Yip basically just a good copy that is just easier to get that the nalgene canteen.I know a lot of folk here would find this a useful bit of kit.I rather not have Frontline Tactical in big letters on the canteen,but other that that pretty good.

cityboy

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Dingo
gotto ask.. is it lighter than the army canteen...
I find the army canteen has a bit of weight to it...

oncedisturbed

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
They're pretty close to the same weight, I've carried them for years without any dramas.

I've just ordered the stainless steel (GI) version and waiting for it to be delivered which I believe is lighter than these.

That version kidney cup IMHO is better better than the GI version cup as the handle is stronger and also a bit bigger than the butterfly handles on he other versions.

The lids that go with them are great as are the matching hexi stoves that the cup sits on when cooking but can also nest with the cup when stored away

Never underestimate the power of the tap, let it flow through you.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Dingo
gotto ask.. is it lighter than the army canteen...
I find the army canteen has a bit of weight to it...
20160610_173101 (Small).jpg

Nalgene = 132g
Army = 98g

(I don't have the Aussie Disposals canteen, but I guess its the same as the genuine Nalgene.
The Nalgene is BPA free, dishwasher safe and does not impart any flavour)

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
I have had one for about five years now but mine was branded Contact Australia, which is one of the brands my local supplier stocks. It has been pretty good, I did get a replacement when it cracked at the bottom due to a moulding problem even though I threw the bottle out and did not have a docket of the original purchases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cityboy

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
thanks for answering my question and thanks aussie for the pic and weight..
probably it's just me or the canteen bag mine is in... I'm not a fan of something pulling down my pants..
and if I have it on a secondary belt still feeling a bit off...