BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G’day bushcrafters

Tas

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Hi everyone , been a long time since I’ve visited , I’ve had a hard time adjusting to getting back out the bush with certain limitations . I feel like a 90 year old in a 49 year old body most days . But I’m slowly adapting to it in a more positive way rather than getting frustrated , I’m back in Tas now and on a disability pension so time on my hands to gradually get dirt on my hands once again. Hope to post some subtle trips here and there again, maybe a simple project also . Good to see your all still loving life in our great bush
👍

peter.

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Hey Tas, welcome back, I’ve just returned too. Funny, I was digging through my stuff today, reorganising, assessing, etc and there’s the nice thick woolen blanket we got from the mills down there. I’m pretty sure you organised that group purchase.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tas

Tas

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Hey Tas, welcome back, I’ve just returned too. Funny, I was digging through my stuff today, reorganising, assessing, etc and there’s the nice thick woolen blanket we got from the mills down there. I’m pretty sure you organised that group purchase.
G’day Peter, yes I remember those trips to the mill for those blankets , I still use mine and love the black with red stitching look 👍 I rang them not long ago actually to see if they had and more by chance and the lady said yeah no worries they’re $250
😱

Tas

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Yes thanks thrud , I believe $50 or $55
Darn postage was a bummer for you guys on the big island but still was a good deal I think . I love mine and I hope all the bushcraft oz guys who joined in the deal are happy and still enjoying theirs . 👍

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Welcome back, Tas.
Yes, about $50 each and $10 posted. I grabbed two. Still in my camping gear, and in perfect shape. My missus loves them.

Tas

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Awesome mate that’s great to hear, was good timing and a great deal , I absolutely love mine and it’s well used and still as good as new 👍