BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hammock,hoochie,poncho,grondsheet,does anyone know.

climbndrive

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I have been doing a bit of hunting on the internet and have found a poncho that is a hammock and shelter aswell has anyone seen one of these in oz,or have one,have spent my last few years on the ground in swags and mats,have good memories of crashing in hammocks when sailing but that was 25 years ago and about 40kg aswell,wouldn,t mind giving it a go,especially with the mozzie net and siltarp set ups i have seen,like the idea of being of the ground and having less to carry,Cheers

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
If you still want to be a ground dweller and not a swinger and be lightweight have you thought of using a goretex bivi bag and a thermorest mat with your gonk bag. Then just put up your basha tarp over the top and your sorted. still light to carry on your back. If your going down the hammock route I can give a thumbs up for a Hennesy Hammock Delux Ex Ped. this comes as an all in one package with the tarp and mozzi net. http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/specs/explorer_deluxe_asym_classic/

climbndrive

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Thanks for that ,think i will still be a ground dweller most of the time,but nice to have Variety(it is suppose to be the spice of life)Cheers.