BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hammock - which one?

Kiwisailor

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I agree with Thud's synopsis (my BIG word for today) as I have had similar experiences.
I went to a fabric store and scored some Cool max fabric. Don't worry about colour, who cares.
Lovely cool fabric for sleeping on top of Thermorest mattress.
Could stitch it into a onesy, but haven't bothered. Lazy yes, but easier to just drag over my bones..
Bought it for traveling in India (haven't got there yet)

Kiwisailor

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I also got some reflective tape and sewed it to suspension lines.
When wearing headlamp, it prevents me from garrotting myself whilst wandering through the jungle...

TrevorMathis

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I think that the Blackbird is suitable for you. Still, a tent is the best option. However, I'm not a fan of sleeping in a hammock, especially when it's cold outside. Usually I choose to use it on sunny days, because I just love outdoor naps between the palm trees. For this purpose, I've got some polyester rope hammocks https://www.thefoothammock.com/rope-hammocks/ for my family and I. Thanks to the material it's signigicantly durable, because it withstands humidity and sun. This model is not heavy at all, so you can take it with you wherever you want. More than that, it's easy to install, and extremely comfortable.

Last edited: