Hultafors ‘Agdor Felling Axe’

graybear

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Hello all!
It’s been a long time since I was around the forum- (was around when it first started!) but I thought I’d offer these up here first, and maybe gauge some interest before hitting the usual avenues. Thought you might all appreciate these great axes!

They’d make an awesome Christmas present or a great project.

IN SHORT:
Happy to part with them for $130.
That includes postage.
No sheath!
Shoot me a private message.

LONG VERSION...
The long story is- I used to sell these as a product- waaaaay back when I was doing business- and I’ve got 4 axes left. Had them sat around for 5+years and finally thought I’d part with them!

As far as I can tell, these are a old model- It seems Hultafors don’t sell this particular part of the of the ‘Agdor’ line of axes anymore.
They’re pretty much identical to the ‘premium’ felling axes they sell. The difference between this and the top of the line Axes at the time was handle finish and head polishes etc.

I’ve since sanded the handles nice and smooth, polished the head back by hand and have put on a edge. I used to sell them with a sheath and a painted handle (Best Made style).

If you look at The camping store Drifta, they sell a finished axe identical to this with a sheath and some oil for $295.

Let me know- first in best dressed I guess?!

Shoot me a private message and we can go from there!

Thanks!

Attachments

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
is 2 / .85 the weight? Yes, 850gms (not quite 2lbs).

How long are the handles? 650mm

Think I found the answer from the drifta store, which is why I answered my own questions above. They look great; the head weight, length of cutting edge, length / support of eye on handle - perfect for hardwood. People usually go too heavy. I tend to like an 800mm length.

Last edited: