Karrimor sabre 75 review

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Here you go ladies and gentlemen my review on the Karrimor 75 that I have just got sent over from Blighty.

Now I tried a different filming and editing thingy for this review and I am open to constructive crit on it dont just say it is S**T tell me what you think.

Thanks
Swampy

[video=youtube;MBkcbjz07B8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkcbjz07B8&nofeather=True[/video]

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the review! The two cameras work extremely well for this.

Cheers
Doc

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Not bad mate but I think the second camera is too small for showing the detail you were pointing out. The bigger view showed the pack from a distance but not a lot of detail. Maybe switch from one camera to the other when showing different views.

Pack looks good. What was the total cost? Have you done some longer miles with it loaded yet? Does it used stays for support of just padding?

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Love your work as usual, I think that Benny is right about the detail on the second camera. The pack was slightly out of view until about 5.30.
For a first 2 cam job, very good.

Thanks for the review.

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Not bad mate but I think the second camera is too small for showing the detail you were pointing out. The bigger view showed the pack from a distance but not a lot of detail. Maybe switch from one camera to the other when showing different views.

Pack looks good. What was the total cost? Have you done some longer miles with it loaded yet? Does it used stays for support of just padding?
Total cost including the P&P from UK from the Ray Mears website was AUD$297 which is not the cheapest but not the most expensive and from all the research I did the difference was about $30 anyway.

DavoAnth

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Great review, I'm a big fan of them. I own the Karrimor Sabre SF 80-130l, as well as the smaller 45, and can say that they are bombproof. I took the 80-130 on a 3 week jungle trek in Borneo last year, in which it was bashed around light aircraft, 4x4's, and dugout canoes, as well as loads of trekking with it on my back. The padding is very comfortable, and the side zip expansion, as well as zip on side pockets give it a lot of flexibility with capacity. Durability wise, it withstood the constant jungle damp with no issues at all, and with a bit of a wipe down when I returned home it still looks in perfect condition. Definitely worth the price.

thejungleisneutral

Walkabout
Reaction score
An excellent review indeed Swampy. It pushed me over the edge to purchase one last week from the UK and I used it for the first time on an overnight 12-odd km walk this weekend just gone. The two-camera setup was very effective in showing the fine detail of the item being reviewed.

The pack is a bit heavier than I am used to, coming in at 2.7kg empty, but the harness system is very comfy. I particularly liked that you could zip in the sides to bring the effective carrying capacity down from 75lt to around 50 for overnighters. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the height of the pack while moving through close country and the lack of effective options for really cinching down the lid compartment while in "zipped up" 50lt mode. I might have to modify the lid body a bit with some extra straps and side-release buckles. Mine was more expensive than the A$297 Swampy paid, being A$349 landed with 4 day shipping from the UK to Sydney.

IMG_20140321_134911[1].jpg
KarrimorSF Sabre 75 in "zipped up" mode reducing the effective carrying capacity to around 50lt or so. Photo shows my pack fully loaded before last weekend's walk. Total pack weight including normal equipment, big first aid kit, fresh food (roo steak, carrots, green beans, potatos, salad, bacon) and 3 litres of water was 14.05kg.

IMG_20140323_105802.jpg
A view worth walking for - Kangaroo Valley from the Mt Carrialoo plateau

Attachments

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed the Bergen and Im happy that I did a good enough review for you to make that choice.
I will be taking mine to the malaysian jungles in June to put it through its paces over a 5 day trek in that harsh environment.

I did in the end find out what the 2 buckles inside the lid are for they are to thread utility straps through to secure climbing ropes under the lid.

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Update. mate of mine ordered one and it arrived from UK to Fraser coast area in 5 days.
Its teh steal of the centry for this pcak.