BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather tools

Brumby53

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
This threads had no love for 2 and a half years so lets see if we can kick it along again.
Finally go around to setting up a Designated Area for my leather work.
It hasn't been until recently - last year or so - that I have become more serious about leather work. Up until then it was more an adjunct to other pastimes/hobbies like shooting and the odd knife I made/collected. All my leather making tools and supplies were in a collection of shoe boxes and I usually operated on the kitchen table.
A couple of months ago I got fed up with unpacking and tidying up every time I worked on something & this is the solution which has worked out extremely well. I picked up this writing desk for $150 off Gum Tree. Note the small work tray slides in and out and all I need to do when I am finished for the day is close it up – pretty damn pleased with myself!
I do small wood carvings too so this set-up is great for both.
We live in a Shouse/Cabin that we built ourselves and with just 72 square meters inside... space is at a premium. (And during winter the workshop shed is too damn cold especially at night.)
I'd love to see where/how others do their leather work.
DSCN3503.jpgDSCN3504.jpgDSCN3500.jpg

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
One day I might reclaim what is supposed to be the office and do something similar. My dearly beloved has her sewing room, so it's only fair, right?
Thanks Brumby, it might serve as the inspiration I need.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
That writing desk keeps everything very neat and contained; and out of site when not in use.
I like it !

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
vcx 011.jpg

Cane toad hides and roo tails...My leather craft table

ArcheRoo

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Great looking set up Brumby! I hope one day to find a nice writing table for my fly tying, they make a great little work space!

I wish I had the tools (and the skills...) to do some leather work! I love the traditional look and feel so maybe one day! Thanks for sharing though guys!