BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Hammock and Tarp set up (video)

HitchHiking

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
After seeing a few comments about people using hammocks while out bushcrafting I though I would share my hammock set up that Im using this winter.

[video=youtube;mogO07sFFJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mogO07sFFJg[/video]

Here is a pics from my last trip to vicoria
IMG_4473.jpg

Cheers,

HH

Shane

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
A few pounds isn't bad but that has to take up some room eh? Sure looks comfy though....

HitchHiking

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
A few pounds isn't bad but that has to take up some room eh? Sure looks comfy though....
Not as bad as may be though. All its all 850+ quality down in and the the rest is lightweights nylons which all compress pretty good. The summer set up is the best of course for size! :D

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
what a great set up, congrats mate. One question what sort of body weight range can it support?

HitchHiking

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
what a great set up, congrats mate. One question what sort of body weight range can it support?

Thanks Wave Man, This hammock from Warbonnet outdoors will take about 125 kilos which i plent for myself. There is "stronger and weaker" models as well depending on the hangers wants.

Longbowman

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Man gotta love them hammocks....
Survived a gulf country thunder storm down pour in mine, high and dry

Attachments

• img285.jpg
    img285.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 50

Gundy

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Nice set up! Great location by the looks (& sound) too....

Longbowman

Russell Coight
Reaction score
img196.jpg

Yep and versatile as well,,, set up here as a mozzy tent in the sand . got a bit to windy and cool wasnt perepared for that cool a wind

Bartnmax

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Just wondering what make/model your hammock is?
I'm assuming that if it's from Warbonnet it's one of the 'Blackbird' range???

Ta.

bill A.

goanywhere

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Very nice setup. I'm a newbie on this forum. As a hammock camper myself I can vouch for the comfort a hammy offers over tenting.

My latest setup is a Hammock Bliss skybed with a cheapy Escape long hiker self-inflating mat from Rays Outdoors. Suspension is straps and buckles. In very cold weather I suspend a TeWa 3/4 down underquilt (20deg F). Black Wolf Micron 250 SB on top as a quilt, which makes it a cozy get-away. If I need it, my termolite reactor SB liner added to the kit can take me down to as low as it gets in southern Aus. My tarp is a DD 3x3, which is big enough for a nice roomy porch pitch in bad weather, and can make a nice roomy tarp-tent if it's blowing a gale and going to ground is the best option.

I'll take some pics on my next trip and post them here as a comparison.