BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need me a new buddy.

Stove2506

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi all new member here,
So my buddy that usually comes on hikes and camping trips and survival trips has gone off and had a baby (yay I'm basically an uncle) but unfortunately we can no longer continue going on our fortnightly bushcraft expeditions and (usually) monthly camping trips as he wants to dedicate his time to the new bundle of joy. As much as I love my time alone in the bush, I do enjoy having someone there to bounce ideas off and swap war stories around the campfire, if anyone out in interland would be keen to catch up for a hike and what not shoot me a message I live in the Newcastle region and travel monthly to Gloucester with family. I've got a sound knowledge of plants and really good orienteering skills. Spent my childhood in the bush in Victoria and have travelled my fair share. But always on the hunt for the next big adventure!

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hi all new member here,
So my buddy that usually comes on hikes and camping trips and survival trips has gone off and had a baby (yay I'm basically an uncle) but unfortunately we can no longer continue going on our fortnightly bushcraft expeditions and (usually) monthly camping trips as he wants to dedicate his time to the new bundle of joy. As much as I love my time alone in the bush, I do enjoy having someone there to bounce ideas off and swap war stories around the campfire, if anyone out in interland would be keen to catch up for a hike and what not shoot me a message I live in the Newcastle region and travel monthly to Gloucester with family. I've got a sound knowledge of plants and really good orienteering skills. Spent my childhood in the bush in Victoria and have travelled my fair share. But always on the hunt for the next big adventure!
It sounds awesome. I'm no good for you - different state. It is the sort of thing I'd enjoy though. I have a dog now, and he comes to life the more hard core it gets :D. He's weird - the steeper it gets, the more excited he is; the same goes for bush - he loves making his way through bush. Good luck - it sounds like you had a great setup with your friend.

Stove2506

Russell Coight
Reaction score
It sounds awesome. I'm no good for you - different state. It is the sort of thing I'd enjoy though. I have a dog now, and he comes to life the more hard core it gets :D. He's weird - the steeper it gets, the more excited he is; the same goes for bush - he loves making his way through bush. Good luck - it sounds like you had a great setup with your friend.
Yeah I've thought about getting a pup but at the same time I've got no where to really keep him during the week and I prize my gardens too much haha

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Yeah I've thought about getting a pup but at the same time I've got no where to really keep him during the week and I prize my gardens too much haha
Oh, I wasn't suggesting get a dog. It's a big decision, as it should be. Nobody should get a dog unless they can give it a good life. If there were someone nearby like you, I'd enjoy doing stuff with them, and Basil (the dog) :D