Feature Request New thread for CLOTHING needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Seems to be THE big topic of discussion on other sites and would be a good way of communicating the whereabouts prices etc of clothing more suitable for bushcraft than bushwalking.
For example where to find old army woolen trousers ( Aussie Disposals have some NOS in small sizes at the moment )

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A good idea Moondog.

Don't know how I missed this one when setting up the forum. Would everyone prefer a separate forum for clothing listed under gear?

Steve

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
There is a shop in Wollongong NSW called Bushcraft Equipment, ive never actually been there but i think i might have a look next weekend.
Has anyone here been to this shop

Here is the website for it http://www.bushcraftequipment.com/

graybear

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
From memory, that shop in wollongong is a red herring, its not specific to what we would say is bushcraft, but it does have some interesting items... and yes, a clothing thread would be great!

Steve

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, its more of an outdoor adventure shop, it does have all the good clothing gear though, but i bet the prices are through the roof. Would be nice to actually make clothing my self, specific to me. There is a good thread admins..., "homemade bushcraft clothing". Im going to look further into this as i feel it would be a good step toward independence from brand names and such and something you could benefit from.

I would say a good amount of knowledge in clothes making would be invaluable as a bushcrafter.

This is a bit out there but i will say it any way, what if we reverse engineered a piece of quality clothing and tried to make it our self instead of relying on others to do it for us?

graybear

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I've seen quite a bit of self-made stuff on other forums, the main stay seems to be the wool blanket tuned into a shirt or smock... clothing is a challenge though as I think its deceptively complicated...my wife has made cloths for our little kids, but its tricky to say the least!

GB

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.