Newbie Navigation Questions

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just on that...where do you guys go for your aussie topo maps?

kobold

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
'be expert with map and compass' by bjorn kjellstrom is also a good book to learn navigation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I could find any definitive info on the cammenga compass in Aus so Ive ordered a standard Cemenga compass to test out and see how well it works in zone 5. Ill let you guys know once it arrives.

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I could find any definitive info on the cammenga compass in Aus so Ive ordered a standard Cemenga compass to test out and see how well it works in zone 5. Ill let you guys know once it arrives.
Who are you getting it from as I would be interested in your review of it? Did you look at the link in one of my posts? Plus how much you paying?

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Who are you getting it from as I would be interested in your review of it? Did you look at the link in one of my posts? Plus how much you paying?
Yep I saw the southen version. I have a working zone 5 compass. This is purely a result of personal interest to see if it the Cammenga works in all zones. The best info I could find said it will have a slight dip but is still designed to work acuratley everywhere. We will see.

Got it from ebay, paid $52 I think there abouts.