BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathfinder sleeping bag

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
After Kedumba, i had a rethink on sleeping in warm clothes vs sleeping bag. I bought a Kathmandu pathfinder sleeping bag. It kicks arse big time, heaps better than sleeping in clothes. It come's in at 687gms & packs up real small. I have spent the best part of 2 weeks in it {Wollembi NP}, & give it 2 thumbs up.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome mate.

Where have
you been in the Wollemi/ I love it up there. any pictures?

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice one peter. Good to know you rate it.

Got to say im very envious of your simplistic way of camping and its something I would like to work on.

Do you use a groundsheet or just try and locate a dry patch of ground?

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Gday Corin hows things? I went in at Bilpin & popped out at Crawfords North of Canoe Creek. I found some real cool spots, that i want to go back to someday. Cheers Peter

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Hi Blake i just put a survival blanket on the ground put the sleeping bag on it, & get in it and go to sleep looking at the stars. It is Eproof so you just shake the dew off in the morning. Cheers Peter

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Gday Corin hows things? I went in at Bilpin & popped out at Crawfords North of Canoe Creek. I found some real cool spots, that i want to go back to someday. Cheers Peter

Things are good with me mate.

Much respect on your walk mate! That area has some incredible scenery, canyons and technical and challenging navigation anywhere. Bowens Creek, the Wollangambe, the Colo Gorge. I have not done much around there but I no Crawfords very well having been in and out of there many times over the years.

What route did you take? any chance of a trip report?

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Hi Corin i went up Bowens creek, onto the Colo and then out at Crawfords. I took 25days food a rope sleeping bag & survival blanket compass ferro rod flint bic metal cup & a bin liner. Had a great trip found a very old finger knife in a cave along with other things. Cheers Peter

GTVi

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Peter, sounds good to me...I'm in the market for something similar...where did you get yours and how much? Do you use the sleeping bag liner with it?

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Gday GtVI i got it at Kathmandu. I use a sea to summit thermal liner. You have about 2 days before the sale ends. Cheers Peter

Mathew0707

Russell Coight
Reaction score
i got the Kathmandu pacesetter i bit light then the one you got. weights at 500grams in winter i sometimes get too warm in it and have to open it up.