BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Rider RR2212 Classic Carbon ( T10 )

old4570

Ray Mears
Reaction score

My RR2212 is here at last .
Am I pleased ? ( Huge Sigh ) ... Maybe not !

A) The knife looks great
B) The packaging rocks hard
C) The finish on the knife is great

Visually the knife rules ! Butt & it's a rather large butt !
The main blade has play / slop .. A small amount , but it's there ... And on a new knife , it's some what annoying .
The main blade was ground / formed / shaped ... bent ..
The reason it skews of to one side inside when closed .
And having reground the blade , the some what poor factory grind was too obvious .
So as long as you don't look too hard at this knife , or do edge retention testing .... It's great ! ( My head hurts saying that )
Speaking off , ............ 100 slice fail on the rope for the factory edge . ( Well that's nothing to crow about )
Would I be crowing about this knife = No , I would how ever recommend that RR improve their quality control !
It's 2022 and they let a knife out the door with blade play !

So in anyway , the main blade has been reground / stropped and is ready to hit the rope again !
Now , knives have made strong come backs from a bad factory edge test , and then some knives have not !
I also reground my Marbles D2 ... Just for he hell of it !
Oh dear / oh dear / oh dear ....... We will find out soon !

Last edited:

old4570

Ray Mears
Reaction score

Classic Carbon makes a come back !
Wow , that main blade is ................
It was made crooked ! Bent , skews off to one side by craftsmen .
The edge / bevel was kind of factory rubbish . ( I think that's a theme song now )
Anyways , reground ...

Performance = 300 slices with a rolled edge fail .
300 is actually good performance ... So from a 100 fail with a factory edge , to a 300 fail with a rolled edge ..
That's a nice come back .