BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sillcock key

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Not bushcraft related but urban convenience, although I could imagine this being "urban survival" in Ukraine right now.

Awesome for travellers. It's a tool for getting water from industrial, commercial, government sites; all those places that have taps with no handles. I bought a couple, mostly because of my dog. I bought a popular 4 way key design (4 different sized tap undoers). It's really a bit big and heavy for my normal urban kit which just has a few essential useful things, but it seems like a worthwhile tool. If anyone knows the most common size for udoing taps on these buildings, I'd love to know; you can get single size sillcock keys that are smaller and lighter.

sillcock key.jpg

Last edited:

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a brass one of these, its always clipped to my backpack. Very handy

Kindlling

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Not bushcraft related but urban convenience, although I could imagine this being "urban survival" in Ukraine right now.

Awesome for travellers. It's a tool for getting water from industrial, commercial, government sites; all those places that have taps with no handles. I bought a couple, mostly because of my dog. I bought a popular 4 way key design (4 different sized tap undoers). It's really a bit big and heavy for my normal urban kit which just has a few essential useful things, but it seems like a worthwhile tool. If anyone knows the most common size for udoing taps on these buildings, I'd love to know; you can get single size sillcock keys that are smaller and lighter.

View attachment 29046
Brilliant thing to have in this age .

Kindlling

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Yes, it's being driven by the US edc / bugout bag movement, along with lock picking.
Good to keep a shorter couple meter length of hose , plus a couple tap fitting sizes . If you need to have a hose off anywhere around the country while traveling I found.