Surplus Possibles/Foraging Bag

Blackhawk

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
About 18 months ago whilst in the process of buying a rifle at Lawrance Ordinance in Sydney,I spotted this little beauty.On the spot I bought 3 (one for my son,a mate and myself) for the princely sum of about $15 per bag.I think they were a gas mask bag of sorts.Dimensions are 300mm long/75mm wide/200mm deep.Big enough for a days worth of tucker and enough room for a water flask of about 750ml capacity.I cut out a thick pieci of rubber to fit in to the base of mine and gave the whole bag a good dose of waterproofing spray.There are various loops on the bag to attach knives,carabiners and whatever you wish.On the base you can see is a strap wide enough to attach a poncho or tarp.On mine I attached pouches to the stap as well with velcro.The strap rings are a bit suss so it might be worth beefing them up a bit.forage bag 1.jpgforage bag 2.jpgforage bag 3.jpg

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
A neet little bag, and for that price, BARGAIN!

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Thanks Blackhawk
i found a simular bag yesterday
and also picked up a Bren gun cleaning kit bag for $5 not sure how i will use this item but will figure it out has 4 small compartments inside roll

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
great find, and a bargain to boot. I have found that the local markets are also a good place to find these types of pieces of kit, my dedicated fire bag was found there at the ridiculous sum of $2. Grab these type of bargains when ever you get the chance.

Gundy

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Nice! My pop use to use one of these as a fly fishing bag.