BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking the hammock to extreme

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm most unusual, first time ive seen one of these!! Anyone here seen one in the flesh? they have 2 man, 3-4 man, 5-8man, with that many in it, it would be rocking and rolling all night:_s:

http://tentsile.com/index.html

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Different... I have seen and used platform tents when climbing, basiclly a tent/hammock in the side of a cliff for two-three people, but that's a little different, it would need a fair bit of space to put up... I think I'll stick with my HH for now...

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
That's a combination of the coolest & most ridiculous things I've ever seen. They say it's the most versatile tent around, I think they are dreaming. The practical application would be very limited. It's as heavy as lead, would take hours to set up & requires BIG trees to support it. Can you imagine what's involved in climbing the trees to set each wing? Can't imagine they'd cheap either.

But the novalty cool factor is there.

What were you possibly searching for to find them?

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Different is the word, when I first saw the picture for it I thought it was cool as well, but looking through the info came to a very quick conclusion.... be an ass of a thing to set up, as for low impact, id like to see what damage it would do to the trees for starters as it would have to be a long term set up.

What were you possibly searching for to find them?
was looking through photos on a FaceBook Group "Homesteading / Survivalism's" came across a few interesting items and the Tentsile was one of them, it peaked my interest, never seen the likes of one before.

dmm

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I think this one looks more functional, despite the fact it's intended to be a child's playhouse.
http://www.treepee.com/

550x548-treepee_front.jpg