Feedback The intro for new people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tas

Ray Mears
Reaction score
In new here and please be encouraged fellas, I have posted a couple of times with some humble items and both were received greatly thank you for your encouragement, I never knew a site like this existed before, I thought I was just a weird kid growing up thinking about shelters and dreaming of survival situations, hanging out in the bush behind home until mum screamed to come in for tea. Anyway ,your skills and posts about them are so interesting I've been on here reading every spare second I can, and when I'm not, I'm making something inspired by one of your posts . I love this site keep it up. I'll be a regular postie in the near future .
Regards Craig

kiwibro

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I agree with tas. The members on this site are incredibly welcoming and reward forward thinking even if the end result is a bit backwards. If you show initiative to learn or solve a problem it will be recieved well on here.

Skandiman

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I'll be a regular postie in the near future .
Regards Craig
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I guess that's an Australia Post employee with healthy bowels! Good onya Tas.... I think this is a pretty good forum too... and I'm just a newbie! In fact, it strikes me as being the most polite, patient and friendly forum of which I'm a member... and all up I'm a member of sixteen forums! Hmmmm... I think I may have a problem!

Tas

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Yeah mate I'm hearing you , I'm a member of a few different forums all which are bush/ hunting/ fishing related
This is the most informative and the users most helpful. I'm off to hunt down some fat wood in the local pine forest before heading to spotlight to purchase some ripstop to make a hammock while I'm waiting on a shipment of ferro rods from wildfire : ) let you all know how I get on!

Last edited:

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
but even though I have been a member for a while now I could not figure how to post on the intro thread, I was able to reply to the thread "how do I" and now this thread, so if you could fix the software so new members could at least post to the Intro Thread it might be a great way to start using this site
You already have an intro in the intro section, for whatever reason it is obviously set up so you can't have two.
http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?4269-Intro&p=38434#post38434

I hope that clears that up:;):

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
What can be done if someone has registered but cant remember their password?

Enigma1

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Yes you are right, I was not being critical just questioning the reasoning behind the photo rule when no other forum I am involved in is like this. Just offering up a possibility as to why new members might go and spend their time elswhere??? Steve
TSGoA has more rules than BushcraftOz. Non contributors, and people who expect things to be handed to them, don't get past our locked 'probationer' section. BushcraftOz can be seen by anybody on the net, they simply can't post. That is way more than our forum allows.
We have less than 100 members, but guess what? 95% contribute continuously, and most members actually hang out in real life.

Not everyones cup of tea, but guess what? The net could go down tomorrow, and nothing would change for most of our members. We just call each other in the real world.
Forums don't have to feel like they 'owe' strangers the world.

You guys here are doing fine, serious people will hang around here, contribute, go to meets, and then become 'old timers', don't sweat the small stuff about 'newbies'.

I don't mean to speak bad of anyone, being a 'newbie' here myself, but I have 10 years experience of how forums operate, I've seen it all. I commend Templar for starting his "Woodsman' thing. It separates individuals who actually live, crap, eat and breath this stuff.

Entertaining strangers for the sake of high membership numbers isn't my thing, so I personally couldn't care less if 'newbies' continue to contribute on my own forum, it's their personal loss, not anyone else's.:sorrriso:

Status
Not open for further replies.