Trail Hawk

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
G'day MDU, got home today and there was a "fragile" package sitting on the back porch. WOHOO. Cut through three inches of cardboard and tape (going to need to acetone my knife to get rid of all the glue and sticky stuff).
The trail hawk is exactly as I expected. It will need a bit of a sharpen and I gave the surface rust a quick rub. I found a bit of wood in the pile. Not heavy but thick enough to actually need splitting. Even unsharpened, the little hawk split it through fine.
I don't expect this to do heavy duty but it will come in handy for light camp work.
@ Bodge, I agree, this probably won't be in the same league as the kukrhi but then it's not the same thing.
Will get busy this weekend and get an edge on it etc. I think I will leave the handle the full length. It gives a bit more leverage and speed that makes up for the lack of weight in the head.
Any how, time will tell.
Cheers
Bloffy

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I did think about sharpening it before I sent it off to you but thought knowing Australia Posts usually rough handling it might cut its way out of the packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Uhuh! That's your excuse and you are sticking to it eh? Lol
Not a problem mate. It will be a good challenge. I haven't sharpened an axe properly before, so it will be a good challenge. Any hints or tips, feel free to let me know.
Cheers
Bloffy