Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
You could moonlight as a crazy Scottish doctor, blood-stained bowsaw in hand :D

802215.jpg

Last edited:

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
I'm with Toddy on this one. Sorry to the traditionalists. That's just one step down from a coal miners' headlamp. All you'd need is a canary and you'd be able to spen' 16 'ours doon mine with nought but ya pick for company.
Thanks anyway HD
Cheers
Bloffy

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm with Toddy on this one. Sorry to the traditionalists. That's just one step down from a coal miners' headlamp. All you'd need is a canary and you'd be able to spen' 16 'ours doon mine with nought but ya pick for company.
Thanks anyway HD
Cheers
Bloffy
Not really something I would use myself...a collectors item really...!!I just posted it as it is interesting to see how much technology has moved in 30 years.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Not if you are IN the army. I bet there's a Q store somewhere that still has 'em and a grumpy old Q-ee saying "You can't have THOSE, somebody might need 'em". The stuff you buy in surplus stores which is 30 years old is surprisingly similar to the stuff I have seen "modern" military using.
Cheers
Bloffy

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Not if you are IN the army. I bet there's a Q store somewhere that still has 'em and a grumpy old Q-ee saying "You can't have THOSE, somebody might need 'em". The stuff you buy in surplus stores which is 30 years old is surprisingly similar to the stuff I have seen "modern" military using.
Cheers
Bloffy
Yip a lot of army grear you see is really out of date and costs to much..Surplus stores use to be a cheap place to get outdoor gear but not now..lol

It that for real? Was that what people used to wear hiking/camping?
I know crazy...Think it was for truck drivers and tank crews..Used for road side repairs in the dark.