BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted 1.1L Mors Pot

The Last Sundowner

Russell Coight
Reaction score
1642942825640.png
This one is same design as the Mors Kochanski pot which as you are looking for was made from aluminium but I think it was due to the leaching of various toxins, which may or may not have attributed to Mors death due to a lifetime of using this material. A great loss of a great man. This pot is S/Steel and costs USD29.99 and is available from Yellow Birch Outfitters in the US. The contact is jay@yellowbirchoutfitters.com. It seems a bit difficult to find an Aluminium billy type pot these days, even on AliExpress. You say you already a Titanium one, so S/Steel may be the only way to go unless you make one yourself. The one pictured is 64oz which is close 1.9 Liters. Best of luck in your search.

The Last Sundowner

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Already have a stainless one and would prefer something lighter, have tried titanium as well and it is not great for cooking.
Well it looks your only choice may be Aluminum. However, personally having been through these choices of metals myself aluminum I found was the worst to cook in either over an open fire or camp stove as food burns very quickly and is a real bugger to clean afterwards as food sticks to it badly, and if your carrying all your water supply, makes the use of Aluminum for wash up difficult as it uses far too much water to get it clean again. I now make my own cooking gear. I bought a cheap Chinese made thin gauge light weight Stainless Steel (304) billy (and lid) and welded a 2mm thick S/Steel base to it which spreads the heat nicely, and yes it added to the weight somewhat, but no more hot spots or burnt bum to wreck whatever was being cooked in it. Actually just a thin gauge S/Steel pot may be your answer if weight is the problem and your not worried about hotspots. I found Titanium very light but far too thin and spoilt too much tucker due to hot spots and burning. My S/Steel billy works like a charm.