BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warm weather brings out the Black Snakes

koalaboi

Ray Mears
Reaction score
For fast accurate identification check out this FB page. Well organised and run. Post your photograph of the reptile and be sure to add the location and date of the sighting.

I was really into reptiles in my teens and caught and kept many and thought I had a good idea of the diversity of reptiles in Australia. This site has blown that notion out of the water! The different colour variations of eastern brown snakes is mind boggling.

Well worth a check.

KB

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
No link KB?

was this it? https://www.facebook.com/groups/248679248906637/

But in saying this I am already on several FB Aussie Snake ID groups,

..... also I have a friend that is a Snake Catcher ;)

I do bush regen in this location, see many RBBS and Easter Browns, first poor bugga being hunted by the wattle Birds tho

Kindliing

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Felt sorry for this poor Red Belly, proof it only wanted to get away.

A nice specimen, good size, healthy but for a few ticks and the red was very prominent .

the birds are good and know who is a clear enemy , they do this kind of thing frantically when there are goannas / monitors / egg thiefs around here too . My dog knows the birds excited calls and goes tearing out and joins in and trees goannas sometimes .

koalaboi

Ray Mears
Reaction score
OOOPS!

here's a link: