BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

• As of the 01/01/2023 the Bushcraft Oz Forum is now closed and has been placed in Archive mode. New Posts and Post Replies have been disabled but existing content can still be viewed. For more information please see the following post for more infomation. It is our goal to retain the wondeful contributions to the Bushcraft community over the years and a more appropriate way of displaying this is being considered for the future so the information is not lost. A perminent web archive of the forum state as of 30 Jan 2022 has been captured and can be viewed herea>.

Thank you all for a wonderful adventure and for your contributions over the years!

Water

Randall

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
We live in an urban environment, but I try to build in a bit of tolerance to shortages. We have a reasonable stock of food, water, light, energy; we can live off grid for a while. A water tank or tanks and solar panels with battery storage are something I haven't implemented yet.

I fully understand the consequences of our ever increasing populations and the eventual fights for resources. I came across this youtube documentary, which has nothing new for me, and probably most of you here. Still, it is a well put together overview:

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
America is fraking the hell out of it's ground water looking for oil !
Most countries are lowering the water table .
Global Warming ? If no such thing exists ? Then lets try changing weather patterns ..
A lot of countries are feeling CHANGING Weather patterns right now .
When the penny drops ???????????????? Who knows , stupid is as stupid does !

And there is a over abundance of stupid everywhere .... If ever there was a resource we could do without !