What toys are you waiting for???

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I finally found a neck knife I like, and ordered it. It has a few different uses, is very light weight, S35VN steel, and looks well made. Awesome for those sandy places or water type activities. Bit driver, ph screwdriver/pry bar, wire holder/bender/breaker, 6,7,8,9,10mm wrench, bottle/can opener, scraper. You can open bottles with it while it's in the sheath. It's made by kizer and it is reasonably cheap. It is also a chisel grind (sharpened on one side).

crocotool4.jpg

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Did you go the 240 or 200.
@Thrud, what's yours?
I just went the 200 (and some other goodies).
When I bought mine there was only one option, it is 240. Got mine with plastic sheath and a molle cover.
Great piece of kit

Timbo

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
nice! who’s it made by? I don’t recognise it
Kent saddlery. The Billy has no markings but same size as the ord rivers. you can still buy them on Kent saddlery web. The Billy looked like it was used in burnt plastic and sand, but a scour and hot wash did wonders, waxed the leather and good as new. Not bad for $50.IMG_20200703_200342.jpg

Last edited:

Kiwisailor

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Kent saddlery. The Billy has no markings but same size as the ord rivers. you can still buy them on Kent saddlery web. The Billy looked like it was used in burnt plastic and sand, but a scour and hot wash did wonders, waxed the leather and good as new. Not bad for $50.View attachment 27354
Nice... We used to clean up the burnt on Hexamine residue on our Dixie's spraying with oven cleaner.

BEWARE, it will cause extreme burns on skin if not used with gloves.

Hadn't seen Last at local supermarket for a while. When next seen, she had scarring on both forearms and tattoo.
I asked her if she had laser treatment to remove old Tats.
She said " no, I didn't use gloves when cleaning oven" . Major skin grafts.

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I have an axe and a hatchet, and really like using them both. I did a trade with a friend and now have a chainsaw. It's awesome; just a cheap thing but works well. We had a tree right on our fence line. The roots of it have lifted up the neighbour's cement driveway! We live on a bit of a slope, so the moisture would migrate under their drive. The tree had to go :oops: Probably an hour on the saw - lots of time looking and checking out which way things would fall (some of it from a ladder) - and about 3 x that with the axes. We processed everything into firewood and mulch. Very heavy wood - should burn well. Any thing I couldn't cut with one or two chops of the axe (>3") I used the chain saw. Didn't drop any monster limbs - lots of small cuts. Even cutting the bigger stuff into firewood size while it was still standing.

Anyway :ROFLMAO: I've just ordered a pferd two in one chain sharpener. Pferd make the stihl branded sharpeners. They sharpen the raker (depth gauge) as well as the cutting tooth. I'm not into cutting down trees unless they're invaders (pine and bluegum), or something that's out to cause war with the neighbours :(. Should be better for trimming than my axes too.

Last edited: