What toys are you waiting for???

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
There's a knife I've been trying to get hold of, a WE knife Banter. It's just a good looking well designed basic all rounder knife in the EDC category. It has a reputation, as some do. I've been on email alert for when the thing comes back in stock. I get an email alert, go to the site, and it's sold out already :ROFLMAO:. Some other awesome knives like this, but cheaper and less exotic and still good steel are the civivi elementum, civivi McKenna, and civivi Durus - I have them. Most civivi knives have great reputations - I generally go for <3" blade and under 3oz, so I haven't looked at the others. I really like the look of the Naja though:) The durus would be the heaviest / toughest of the bunch. The McKenna is the lightest / smallest and lightest use knife but it is nothing to carry - it's also a front flipper, but it makes you smile when it snaps open so easily.

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I've been going to do it for a while , so I got off my butt and ordered a striker and a few pieces of flint . Should be here next week

Tictac

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Waiting for a civivi shredder blue handle from true talon and cold steel mini tuff lite, pendleton hunter mini from cleaver and 2 ruike p801flippers from go commando, I also bought a preowned cold steel ad15 $65 its a beast 20200920_133653.jpg

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
The mini tuff lite is my go to for when I'm on mtb or bushwalking. It's small, deadly sharp, and robust. Hollow ground and very thin behind the edge as well as a lean angle (I have mine at 15 degrees), make it a scalpel. It isn't bothered by wet weather, heat and sweat. As well as general use, I've also used it for shaving before applying dressings etc trailside. It's scary to shave with :eek:

I have ordered a new toy too, also from truetalon :). It's a civivi mini mastodon, in red. I just like the look of this knife and it should be a great slicer. It is supposedly the same as the civivi mini bull mastiff but without a fuller on the blade. I like the more basic blade and the handle colour of this one.

mini mastodon.jpg

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Waiting on the arrival of a Medium Alice Pack with frame. Can't wait to start doing all the mods. Just for fun. :)
I didn't know they came in different sizes; and I'm surprised you can still get them.

Kindliing

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
The canvas waterproofing stuff I ordered arrived today.
finished waterproofing the great big canvas tent with it.

Found the first lot at the local hardware for under 50$ for a 5 liter bottle ,

they couldn’t get any more in stock so I ordered off th-e bay myself another 5 lt. and paid the shipping .

It’s called canvas cote made by shalex.
Looks a bit like milk , and I used one of those hand held pump pressure spray cheap bottles that holds a couple Lt. to apply it .

doesn’t leave much smell once dry , recommend wearing long rubber gloves and a mask though.

I know it’s good because I still have it stuck to my arm from weeks ago. And steel wool had a hard time getting it off my hands.

if you don’t mind non traditional methods ,and it drys clear .

Randall

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
The canvas waterproofing stuff I ordered arrived today.
finished waterproofing the great big canvas tent with it.

Found the first lot at the local hardware for under 50$ for a 5 liter bottle ,

they couldn’t get any more in stock so I ordered off th-e bay myself another 5 lt. and paid the shipping .

It’s called canvas cote made by shalex.
Looks a bit like milk , and I used one of those hand held pump pressure spray cheap bottles that holds a couple Lt. to apply it .

doesn’t leave much smell once dry , recommend wearing long rubber gloves and a mask though.

I know it’s good because I still have it stuck to my arm from weeks ago. And steel wool had a hard time getting it off my hands.

if you don’t mind non traditional methods ,and it drys clear .
It sounds like watered down wood glue

Timbo

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
How the world turns, I always wanted a zebra Billy but not for price they are, I finally bought a lockable zebra pot instead that locks away 3 dinners from the night crawlers, I think anyone who's had to eat what a rat didn't the next day knows what I'm saying. then in the back room of small fishing shop in a coastal town I found a Billy for half price. Looking forward to doing the lock mod on the Billy.IMG_20201013_190614.jpg