Worksharp knife sharpener

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Disclaimer - If you are happy hand sharpening or have a method that gives you great results this product won't be of any use to you (other than saving time). For a person like me who can get a serviceable edge but has struggled with getting shaving sharp knives this is a blessing.

I got the worksharp last week. These have been available in the US for ages but have only recently come out in AUS....

I just wanted to pass on how happy I am with the product. I have a falkniven DC4, japanese stones, oil stones and an edgepro. I get good results from the edgepro and average results from the others.

Since getting the worksharp I am getting A1 results. My O1 knives get shaving sharp so easily. Within 3 days I have sharpened all of my knives that weren't sharp approx 30 folders and fixed, 1 tomahawk, 2 machete, 1 large bowie, kitchen knives and the neighbours garden shears.

I have worked on convex, scandivex, scandi, hollow and flat ground blades.

The red belts are used to reprofile (a particularly blunt blade) and these are dangerous as they remove more material (and tips if you aren't careful).

The grey belts however are like a strop/hone and for knives just off sharp, they are restored to shaving sharp very quickly and very easily.

I am over the moon with the ease that I can quickly sharpen a blade 60-120 seconds for a hone and 3-5 minuted for a blade that is fully blunt.

I thoroughly recommend it and have been able to get grails super sharp without fear I would damage them or reduce their asthetic value...

I have no afiliation with the manufacturer and I see the products kicking off.

[video=youtube;F3MlkabgqYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3MlkabgqYM[/video]

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Thanks pap11y,
A couple of questions
I have watched the video and read the pDF, I can see with the flexible belt how you can get a convex grind, and I know there are various guides to attach, how does a Scandi grind work, and is it set at 25 deg?
Where did you get yours from?
Cheers

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pap11y,
A couple of questions
I have watched the video and read the pDF, I can see with the flexible belt how you can get a convex grind, and I know there are various guides to attach, how does a Scandi grind work, and is it set at 25 deg?
Where did you get yours from?
Cheers
I have only used the grey belt which is like a strop on my scandi's.. I think you would use sharpen them the same as the serrated but haven't needed to do anything other than the grey belt hone to get them shaving sharp..